Sunday, August 30, 2009

No More Tonsils!!!

Where have we been? Why haven't you seen any pictures lately? Well, things around our house have been very crazy. I'm going to attempt to update you on all of it over the next few days. Computer time for me these days is extremely limited! Davis is growing like a weed, eating all the time, and sleeping lots. Everything we hope for. I'm working on a slideshow of his first few weeks and will hopefully have it posted real soon. We have had family with us pretty much nonstop for the past six weeks - which has been a total dream come true for me! I've had a permanent live-in playmate. It's been aweome! I had my tonsils and adenoids removed on August 20th. It's something we've been thinking about for several months now and decided to do after talking to 3 different ear, nose, and throat doctors. I had the surgery at Daddy's hospital, and everything went well. It was about 2 weeks of pretty intense recovery. Gigi and Becky took turns staying with us and helping with me and Davis (who was only 2 weeks old at the time). During the first few days, I didn't want to eat or drink anything - not even special treats like ice cream or popsicles. Eventually, I started getting presents for drinking cups of juice and water. I thought that was absolutely wonderful!
This is a rug/mat with roads that I can use for driving my "Cars" and matchbox cars which have been my favorite toy lately.
I watched a lot of t.v. because I couldn't do any physical activity for a week.
The Backyardigans is my favorite show right now. I got Uniqua to add to my collection. Now, all I need is Tyrone to complete my collection.
The Backyardigans and me watching one of their movies that Nana bought me. It's a little embarassing how much I have seen of that movie and all their other shows lately. I'll be feeling better soon and t.v. watching will be monitored again, so I must make the most of it!
Eating the first real food I requested - a pretzel! Yes. One might think that hard and salty food would not be the best food for my recovery. However, the doctor said to let me eat whatever I wanted, so I reminded them of that. Supposedly, wanting salty foods is very normal during the recovery process. After bribery, I enjoyed many Capri-Suns and Gigi's homemade smoothies.
I've been asking for a jump rope for several weeks now. I finally got one and used it to celebrate my one week recovery ending!
We are all very thankful that this whole process has gone as well as it did. Everything looked great at my 3 week checkup! Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

lg2006 said...

So glad Dawson is better! Did Gigi get a new puppy? Loved that picture of them all snuggled and covered in puppies!