Monday, September 28, 2009

So Much to Say....

I will be quick to tell you that I am older and wiser and MUCH bigger since my baby brother came along. I have so much to say, and it's something new every day - sometimes insightful, sometimes inquiring, and sometimes just plain funny.
  • While running errands, "Oh well, mommy, let's go. We will just have to get a bath in the rain today."
  • "I'm asking you a question." - my favorite sentence right now - I repeat it until I get a response - and half the time I'm not really asking a question. I just like to know that I am being listened to and insist on getting a response. So, after I say something, if it's not immediately acknowledged, I repeatedly say, "I'm asking you a question. Answer me." We've been doing English 101 trying to learn the difference between declarative and interrogative statements. I'll let you know when I finally get all of that figured out.
  • "Daddy, what are you doing?" I'm spraying weed killer. (long pause) "What does it mean to kill?"
  • "Here mommy. Let me hold Davis while you cook dinner." (Mommy got a great picture of my first babysitting moment. We will post it as soon as we find the time to get pictures loaded on the computer.)
  • Actually is my very favorite word right now; and actually, I even use it correctly!
  • I'm very observant and you never know what I'm going to pick up on. Last week, I was getting a cereal bar out of the pantry to take in the car for a snack. I proceeded to unbutton the top two buttons of my polo shirt and stick it halfway into my shirt. When asked what I was doing, I said: "I'm putting my breakfast bar in my shirt pocket just like Daddy does when he leaves for work."
  • While driving through Chattanooga, we drove over the river. "Look! We just passed the Hard Dock." (The Hard Dock is one of our favorite restaurants in Decatur and it's on the Tennessee River.)
  • A couple weeks ago, Gigi came for a surprise visit. No one told me she was coming, and she arrived late Thursday night after I had gone to sleep. She had taken all of her things upstairs to the guest bedroom but left her laptop computer on the kitchen table. When I woke up, I noticed her computer on the table as I was going to get my milk. I went into my parents' bedroom and asked, "Mommy, is Gigi here?" Why are you asking me that Dawson? "Because her computer is on the kitchen table." Wow! You sure are observant! She is here and expecting you to wake her up this morning, so go see her! "Oh boy! Thank you mommy! What a great surprise!"
  • We had a big family lunch at Great and Aunt Sherri's house yesterday. Afterwards, I looked around the table, listed every food we had eaten and said, "Wow! That was quite a snack."

No comments: