Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Nashville Zoo

We hung out in Nashville last weekend. I went to the zoo with Nana, Aunt Kathleen, and Mama. We had a great time! It is a great zoo with lots of shade and a good variety of animals. The weather was great!
I wasn't too sure what to think of the camels at first, but then I decided I would pet them, and it was really cool. They were located in a "petting zoo" along with the billy goats and a few other animals. We took the stroller in (not realizing that it wasn't allowed). One of the baby billy goats decided it would leave the pen and charge after our stroller. It must have been looking for my beloved "puffs" or raisins. Nana quickly got the stroller out of the petting zoo, and we left shortly thereafter. Nothing like creating a little "drama" at the zoo!
I made the elephant sound when I saw most of the animals. When I see giraffes or pictures of giraffes, I don't make sounds, but I reach up real high in the air like I'm mimicking their long necks.
We saw baby cougars.
and....of course...elephants!
napping after a long afternoon I had a wonderful time at the Nashville Zoo and would highly recommend visiting! They are currently "under construction" and expanding to make room for even more animals.

No comments: