boss....boss.....boss Oh the frustrations of being a young boy!!! We were at the Dollar Store several weeks ago, and my mom reluctantly gave in to my incessant begging by purchasing some little bouncy balls. Ever since playing with them at Lillianna's house, I had been wanting some. I had to have them out of the bag and two in each hand before we were even out of the store. The rest of the day was spent playing with them - hiding them in bushes, the sandbox, buckets, garbage cans, throwing them at Lizzy, bouncing them around the house, giving them a bath, etc. When daddy got home from work, I excitedly showed him my new balls and immediately took him outside to play with them. It's all sounding really great, huh? Well...you don't know the half of it yet! So, I woke up the next morning saying "boss...boss...boss...mama...boss...boss...boss...dada...boss....boss." After having my diaper changed, we went into the den, and my "boss" were nowhere to be found. I cried and cried and searched high and low. In the meantime, mommy and daddy were pulling out every ball I own - none of which were the ones I wanted. After much crying and searching, mommy told me that they were too little and dangerous and that they had gone to "boss heaven." I wasn't sure if I didn't understand her or if I didn't believe her, but regardless, that answer was not going to cut it with me. I eventually became distracted with something else and temporarily forgot about them. However....several times throughout that day and the many days to come, I would begin asking for "boss peezzzz" and walk over to the basket on the counter where they had been kept. Everytime someone came to visit, I would grab their finger, lead them to the basket on the counter, and say "boss peezzzzz." This has gone on for several weeks. I don't know why it's so hard for the grownups to understand that I have not forgotten about my tiny beloved "boss." Well, what I didn't know until recently, is that my mom has been desperately searching for real bouncy balls that are larger in size. She searched several Wal-marts, toy stores, and dollar stores - and even purchased a few - none of which met my satisfaction. She even tried to trick me by keeping them in the same basket on the counter. Well, let me tell you....I'm smarter than that! So, we were at Old Navy last Tuesday night, and suddenly - out of nowhere - I began to hear the "hallelujah chorus." I turned around and standing right beside me was a large (6 foot tall) gumball machine full of bouncy balls. You can imagine my excitement! But, unfortunately, this is not yet the happy ending to my story. You see.....the gumball machine would only take quarters. Mommy didn't have her wallet because she was out with daddy and me, and daddy had no cash. We went to the car to get loose change, and we couldn't find any!!! none!!! (That's what happens when you clean out your car. Mental note....I won't be doing that when I'm older!) Daddy said he would get some cash back after making our purchase, but guess what! You got it. Old Navy doesn't offer cash back with debit card purchases. Naturally, we all had to get in the car and drive to the nearest ATM. (Daddy didn't accept mommy's offer to go shopping next door in order to get cash back. go figure!) He was also not happy that we were "driving all over creation" just to get some silly balls. Well, mommy and I excused that comment, because we know he's not around all day when I periodically go to the basket on the counter and start whining for "boss peeez." When we returned to Old Navy, I got to put the money in and turn the crank on the giant gumball machine. It was tons of fun! And, you better believe we got MANY new, large, bouncy balls! The moral of this story: Always carry spare change, never clean out your car, and never underestimate the intelligence and memory of an 18 month old!
Tuesday, October 09, 2007
balls
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This is HILARIOUS , and I can appreciate you getting Joel in check about what goes on in the day when they arent around! ha i know all about that! TOO FUNNY
Post a Comment