Happy Valentines Day! Sorry I haven't put more on the blog lately. I've been very busy. Mommy and Daddy have been out of town the past two weekends, and I have had a great time playing with some of my special family - Gigi, Bec-Bec, Nana, Pop, and Grandma. Also, mommy got a new camera for Christmas and has been trying to figure it out. I am discovering new things and saying new words every day, so hopefully she can get more posted real soon. Stay tuned! Sooo......
I went to my very first Valentine party at the library. We read books, ate yummy cookies (with sprinkles!!!), made a "valentine holder," and swapped valentines. I gave Mickey Mouse valentines, heart stickers, and fun heart straws. Unfortunately, I missed the valentine party with my playgroup, because I was going out of town. But, I did get to hang out with Nana and Pop on Valentine's Day, so that was special.

My valelntine holder is the paper plate craft on the right. I did a great job putting the ribbon through the holes around the edge of the plate. (Notice my sprinkles are in the green bucket.)

reading my valentines to Lizzy

"Mommmm....I'm tired of holding my arm up. Hurry and take the picture!"
Two of my valentines had tattoos in them. Do you remember those from when you were little?

"Look! This valentine has jay-jay (candy)!"

After finding the candy, I had to go back and check all the other valentines to make sure there wasn't more candy that I had missed.
For those of you who haven't swapped valentines in awhile, here are a few of the neat, "hip" things you should know.....
1. You can design your own valentines on the computer, or choose them from a wide variety of websites.
2. The old timey valentines are still available. I got a Scooby Doo valentine that my mom said she can remember getting when she was young.
3. Those yummy candied hearts now have some new messages - one of which is - "Email Me."
4. Candy will always be the best part of Valentine's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment