Thursday, March 13, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

I am two years old today! I can tell you and sometimes I can show you with my fingers.
Before I proceed with telling about my birthday, I need to back up and tell you about my recent fascination with jelly beans. As you can tell, this picture was taken about a month ago - before my big boy haircut. Mama and I were at the library picking out books when I saw it out of the corner of my eye. This book - Great Estimations - propped on the display shelf - started screaming my name. As I ran to it, I began saying over and over again with a great big smile - "jay beees, jay beeees, jay beeees." It took mama a little while to figure out what I was saying, because she didn't know that I knew what jelly beans were. Naturally, she thought I was a genius who had already correctly estimated the number of jelly beans on the cover! After much insistence, we checked out the (5th grade math) book and headed home. I talked about eating "jay beeees" most of the way home and then fell asleep while reading the book. For the next 3 weeks, that was the only book I wanted to read. I would look at the pictures in the book, pretend to count all the objects, and keep turning back to the page with jelly beans. So, periodically since then I have been asking for "jay beees" and haven't gotten them very often. Well, with Easter around the corner, the odds of me getting them have increased!!
My birthday started out with "jay beees" for breakfast! YUMMY!!! After getting them I ate two and then took the rest to Lizzy's bed. I pulled out all her blankets, went inside with my jelly beans, and closed the door.
"Here ya go Lizzy......Sorry I'm in your bed....I'll pay you rent in jay bees!"
As I was putting on my "birthday outfit" and getting ready for "school church" (Community Bible Study), I had a talk with God.
"Dear Lord, please let my day be great and wonderful and full of many more presents and jelly beans!"
I had a great time playing at school/church with all my little friends, Ms. Eleanor (my girlfriend/teacher), and Ms. Charlotte. After church, Mama and I went to lunch at Bank Street Deli with Lillianna, Carroll Lane, and baby Ellenie. They all sang Happy Birthday and then Carroll Lane gave me more jelly beans! Surprisingly (hee hee), things were a little hectic at lunchtime with 2 kids and a baby, and we weren't able to get any pictures of me and the girls. But, we did get a picture of me playing with the most wonderful train which is in the best toy store in Decatur (where all mommy's toys used to come from). The toy store is connected to the deli. I also got to play in a golf cart! It was cool! I love to be in any kind of car!
"tuckered out" from a busy morning! This morning, for my birthday, I got a backpack, a new vacuum cleaner, and a broom! I think my parents were very happy to get me cleaning supplies! Here are some pictures of me - very proud with my new presents!
I had to visit everyone at "Doc Dug's" office and show them my new presents. While I was there, I decided to sweep a little. After playing there and eating MORE jelly beans, I went to dinner with Gigi. Then Daddy came home from work with another birthday present - a new train car! I've had a wonderful day and am so happy to be 2 years old! Who knew birthdays could be such fun?! I plan to celebrate more this weekend! Look out for more pictures later. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

5 comments:

Brooks Family said...

Happy Birthday Dawson!

Jennie-Marie said...

Happy Birthday Dawson! Hope you had a good one!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dawson, We love you and can't wait to see you this weekend. Love, aunt kathleen & uncle charles

grizaham said...

Sweet birthday! Its good to be two.

lg2006 said...

I LOVE his cleaning supplies pictures. You take some of the best pictures of this child! Kudos Momma!
Happy Birthday D!
xoxoxo