
I've been doing lots of looking for bugs lately. Notice I said "looking" and not necessarily "catching." Aunt Cat bought this bug catcher for me and taught me how to use it. We caught one Grandaddy Long Legs, and I was so excited. But, as soon as we got it in the jar, I wanted to let it out. Which has been the case with the other 2 bugs I've caught in the past 2 weeks.

Do you see any dead bugs anywhere?

For Christmas I received a handheld minivac. It is intended to be a Car Vacuum, but I like to use it as my own personal dust buster. My favorite thing to do with it is to vacuum up dead bugs. (Austin Willoughby gave me this great idea.) Mama is always more than happy to let me know when there is one that needs to be picked up. Now, I like to put the dead bugs in the bug catcher. I usually look at them for a minute or two and then want to "let the bug out." (A side note....I don't quite get the concept of "dead" and tend to call every bug I see a dead bug. Flies are a whole new concept that I've been trying to figure out over the past few days.) Well, you probably know my Mama and can imagine how much she LOVES this activity. (She didn't even do her own bug collection in school. Her next door neighbor did it for her and she edited several papers for him in exchange.) So... the story gets better.......
Mama was cleaning up the kitchen the other day, and I quickly ran up to her saying, "mama...there's a dead bug over there." She didn't pay me a lot of attention and said something about how we don't have time to catch dead bugs all day. A couple minutes later, I went back to her in the kitchen saying the same thing, "mama....mama...there's a dead bug over there." Finally, she exasperatingly puts down the dish towel and follows me to the back door where I show her this:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3 comments:
great story! a dead bug is a good bug!!
Oh my goodness. I only have 2 years to prepare for the bug stage... Yuck!! haha. I love the new posts, especially the one with him dragging the lawnmower! He is toooooo cute. Love you hun! jen
ha that is hilarious! Did he want to catch it?
Post a Comment