Tuesday, May 27, 2008

NEW!

So many changes.....so much happening.....where do I begin? We sold our house in seven weeks! Praise to the Lord - and friends and family for all your prayers and support! We moved out last week. I loved watching all the men pack up our house. There were five of them. They walked in with a bunch of boxes and tape and a day later EVERYTHING was on a GREAT BIG TRUCK! The truck sat in front of my house for a couple of days, and I loved playing on it. I handled all of it surprisingly well. My favorite sentence last week was, "Movers pack up all my books and put them on biiiiiggggg truck." When asked about my new house, I'm quick to reply with "a new swing and new big boy bed at my new house." Everything is "new!" I use that word all the time - often in a very appropriate manner - but at other times not so much. "My new lawn mower" (which I got in April) - "my new crocs" (which came from the consignment shop 2 months ago) - "my new movies" (which I've been watching for months) Our home base is at Gigi's house and we are taking lots of road trips between Birmingham, Decatur, Franklin, and Nashville. I got to see lots of hot air balloons this weekend at Pointe Mallard. It was a special time considering that's what my mom and her family did for Memorial Day every year of her young life. They were reaaaalllllll big! I loved watching them take off, and I especially liked watching them "glow" at night. On Sunday I went to big church in Hoover to hear my cousin Wesley (Great's son) preach. I sat through the whole church service like a good big boy. Wes is going into the ministry. He has been appointed to a church in Wilsonville, Alabama and preached his first real sermon at Riverchase on Sunday. (What a great big start!) He did an awesome job! Way to go, Cuz!!!! I had an enjoyable, relaxing afternoon on Memorial Day at one of my favorite places - The Hard Dock. I had a great time watching all the boats, trains, and eating lots of jelly beans. My behavior has been faltering a bit - which is understandable considering all the changes going on. My sleep schedule is off and I am waking up at the crack of dawn each morning. However, I am still a happy go lucky and very busy little boy. We like to think this crazy time is just fostering my "laid back" personality. :) Hopefully, we will be able to move into our new house in the next month. In the meantime, I'll keep you posted with all the exciting changes. This is going to be a "great NEW adventure."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that everything worked out the way it was supposed to. You will be sorely missed at Bible Study but please keep us up to date on what's NEW. :) You are surrounded by prayers during this new journey in your life. When things seem a little tense just remember all the prayers we said and that this was the answer you were given. Be peaceful in that. May God bless you all!

grizaham said...

Tennesseans again!! Hooray!