Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Swingset

MY FIRST SWINGSET!!!!! YEA!!!!! Aunt Becky and Daddy bought me a new swingset a few weeks ago. The boxes have been sitting in our backyard until we had some time and some help with putting it together. The instructions said that it should take "2 skilled adults approximately 16 hours." arrggghhhhh!!! Well, Daddy and Charles proved them wrong! Thank goodness.
Assembling this bad boy has been quite a challenge. Daddy couldn't have done it without Uncle Charles, Charles' really cool tools, and me - of course! Kathleen and Charles spent the weekend with us and worked very hard. It took us about 8 1/2 hours. Thanks so much guys! We owe you! Hurricane Ike caused the weather to be extremely windy, so we weren't able to get the roof on. I'll be posting more pictures soon.
You can only imagine what a big help I was!
climbing to the top of the fort for the first time
The slide is steep and goes very fast! Honestly, I'm a little intimidated by it.
Initially, the window was my favorite part.

Thank you Daddy, Aunt Becky, Aunt Kathleen, and Uncle Charles!!!!

I love you and appreciate you!!!!

1 comment:

grizaham said...

Wow! Very impressive work Joel! Nice looking backyard too. Tell Dawson that i have an Auburn shirt in the mail for him.. Purples not his color.. ;)