Monday, September 08, 2008
Henry the Crocodile
was waiting on me when I got home from the beach.
D: "Look mommy!!!! There's a crocodile in our house!"
M: "Oh, really? Where is he?"
D: "right there, right there, right there......on the rug"
M: "Oh, of course. I see him. Where did he come from?"
D: (in a very exasperated voice) "the beach" (as in, duh....you should know that!)
M: "Well, I'm fixing some lunch. Is he hungry? Would he like to eat with us?"
D: "Yes. He wants some green beans."
M: "Ok. Do you know what his name is?"
D: "mmmm.... I don't remember.....Yes. I do. It's Henry! He needs a cup and a bib. Let me pick him up and carry him to the table. Ooohhhhh....He's veerrrryyyyy heavy!"
D: "Henry, you have to eat all your green beans if you want a treat."
Henry has done everything with me over the past 24 hours. I carry him with my hands pressed together in front of me as if I'm praying. He has his very own cup, toothbrush, and blankey. He is my first imaginary friend, and I love him very much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I hope Henry is still there this weekend, we can't wait to meet him, he sounds so fun! I bet Nana can teach him how to take care of a pet crocodile!
Henry is imaginary! That is hilarious!!
well,
i can't wait to meet Henry!
can he handle the road trips, or do i need to plan a trip back up there to meet him?
Oh my Dawson!! I had lost touch with your blog, but I'm all caught up now!! You've gotten so big!! Hope to see you guys soon!
~Jessica
Post a Comment