Sunday, August 05, 2007

The Dog Food Game

This is my new favorite game! I love to dump all of the food (and sometimes the water) out of the dog bowls. Of course, this has been one of my favorite things to do since I was able to crawl. However, the game has become much more fun as I've gotten older. You see....the funny part is....now I know what I am doing and that I shouldn't be doing it. But it gets even funnier..... I am beginning to do very well at following simple commands. When I am told to put the dog food back in the bowl, I intentionally do it very slowly. So....the impatient grown ups will sit down and begin to help me clean it up. Once we get the majority of the food back in the bowl, I look up, grin, and quickly tump it or throw it all out again. It's a never-ending cycle. What a fun game! Duh...you might say...there could be an ending to this little game. And, yes. The grownups have gotten smarter and started keeping the dog bowls on the counter. Lizzy is allowed to eat at mealtimes (when I'm in my highchair) and at naptimes. But, you see....one of my greatest qualities - my persistance - has been learned from my puppy dog Lizzy. Thus, she barks continuously at the counter when she wants her food and water - long enough to drive everyone crazy. And, as we all know, grownups are very forgetful, and I quickly run to the bowls when I realize they are on the floor. Maybe you can come play this game with me real soon! :)

No comments: