Lately, when I see a baby sleeping on t.v. or hear someone say to be quiet, I've been putting my pointer finger to my mouth and saying "shhhh." I learned this from the gorilla in my favorite book Goodnight Gorilla. (He puts his finger to his mouth and says "shhh" when he doesn't want the zookeeper to know that he has taken the keys to the animal cages.)
Today, I was watching Sesame Street while eating lunch. Norah Jones was on the show singing and playing the piano. She was singing to the letter of the day - Y - because Y did not show up on time for their playdate. "Don't know why Y didn't come..." As soon as I heard Norah begin to sing, I looked at my mommy, put my finger to my lips, and said "shhhhhh."
Why, you may ask? Well, when I was a little baby I used to listen to Norah Jones in my nursery to help me go to sleep. Am I a smart boy, or what?!
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Shhhhhh!
Lately, when I see a baby sleeping on t.v. or hear someone say to be quiet, I've been putting my pointer finger to my mouth and saying "shhhh." I learned this from the gorilla in my favorite book Goodnight Gorilla. (He puts his finger to his mouth and says "shhh" when he doesn't want the zookeeper to know that he has taken the keys to the animal cages.)
Today, I was watching Sesame Street while eating lunch. Norah Jones was on the show singing and playing the piano. She was singing to the letter of the day - Y - because Y did not show up on time for their playdate. "Don't know why Y didn't come..." As soon as I heard Norah begin to sing, I looked at my mommy, put my finger to my lips, and said "shhhhhh."
Why, you may ask? Well, when I was a little baby I used to listen to Norah Jones in my nursery to help me go to sleep. Am I a smart boy, or what?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment