Gigi came in last night with a bowl full of "baby" tomatoes. Immediately, I was ready to eat them and kept asking for "more, more." I still wanted more after they were all gone, so I went outside to find her tomato plant. I decided I could get them for myself. I didn't need any help from those silly 'ole grown ups.


I picked them right off the vine and ate them immediately. They were sooooo yummy! Mom and Gigi had to get a picture of this, because it was such a special moment. Apparently my mom used to do the same thing when she was about my age. Her neighbors had tomato plants. She would walk next door, pick them right off the plant, and eat them like apples. Then, she always wanted "more." Later on in life, she would pick them from her Great Aunt's garden, and they - to this day - call them "tommy toes." I think this will always be one of my favorite things to do! (in addition to watching football of course! )


No comments:
Post a Comment