Monday, November 26, 2007

A Cajun Thanksgiving

This year I was especially thankful for two pears ("doo payah"). Friday, I saw them on the counter at the Williams' house and asked to play with two balls ("doo bah"). I eventually learned they were pears and not balls, and once I learned to say it properly, I repeated it over and over again the rest of the weekend.
This year we spent Thanksgiving in Monroe, Louisiana at my Great-Grandma Meek's house. It was my first time to meet many of the cousins on my daddy's side of the family. The Williams hosted the big, annual Thanksgiving Dinner, and they had us over the next night for homemade gumbo. It was all delicious! Spencer and Alexander have really great "big boy" toys at their house, and I got to jump on a trampoline for the first time in their backyard. The boys had a great time building with blocks at Grandma's house, and I had an even better time knocking down their towers!
Spencer and Alexander read me a bedtime story. We had a great time playing together. Thanks so much to the Williams for hosting such a wonderful Thanksgiving Dinner!

No comments: