Tuesday, November 20, 2007

New Shoes

While we were in Nashville a couple weeks ago, I went shopping for new shoes. Nana took Daddy, Aunt Kathleen, and me to the same shoe store they had gone to when they were children.
I was a little squirmy (as usual), but the nice man still managed to figure out the size of my foot. And, boy, were we all surprised?! My feet had grown two sizes since we had my feet measured this summer. Wow! We had gotten bigger sized shoes earlier this fall, but apparently my feet are growing VERY fast! It made my parents feel very negligent, but at least now they understand why I didn't like wearing shoes. :)
I got real grown-up tennis shoes. They are gray New Balance, and they fit great! I have already managed to get them muddy several times, so they don't have that "brand new" look anymore. You know...."worn and used" is the cool look these days.

Being so proud of my new shoes, I was very insistent that I carry the bag. Plus, carrying bags has been one of my favorite things to do lately. I like to help Mommy carry in the groceries. I also like to put a bag on my shoulder, carry car keys, and pretend that I am leaving. As soon as I see a bag lying around, I put it on my shoulder and start asking for keys. Then, I carry my bag and keys to the back door, proceed to say "bye-bye," and blow kisses several times. After doing that for awhile, I will disappear to the other end of the house and start the routine all over again a few minutes later. Playing "pretend" is so much fun!

No comments: